EPO - European Patent Office
The EPO’s Procurement and Vendor Management principal directorate plays an instrumental role in the day-to-day functioning of the organisation, influencing long-term financial sustainability by ensuring value-for-money spending on services and products. Effective procurement operations are critical to ensure compliance with relevant policies and regulatory requirements in view of the EPO’s prominent role as a leading European public service institution.
In Procurement and Vendor Management, we partner with our internal and external stakeholders effectively via business-focused teams around critical market categories: information and communication technology, facility management / real estate, professional services.
In addition to supporting the strategic direction of the EPO, we also play a key role in a major transformation programme known as Finance 360 that aims to strengthen our role as a business partner for the entire organisation by optimising existing processes, technology and organisational matters. In that context, we are responsible for delivering a range of projects in the area of source-to-pay to support the overall goal of increasing effectiveness, efficiency and transparency.
You will help to deepen the category management approach in the procurement team and transform the way we do business. Your profound market knowledge and background will add to our team’s critical skills. Your sound contract management skills and procurement process knowledge will help us to provide the EPO with better value in the acquisition of assigned goods and services.
Join us now!
With us you will:
- work together with the business unit(s) to develop and implement a procurement plan aligned with the category management strategy for the assigned global category and subordinate categories
- help the business unit(s) to define their functional requirements
- advise, execute and follow up complex procurement dossiers focused on assigned categories, in addition to providing support in other categories as needed
- negotiate the most advantageous commercial agreements for the EPO
- develop cost models to identify improvement opportunities with associated risk analysis
- assess and evaluate suppliers by implementing performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and deploy a professional approach to supplier relationship management
- manage interaction with internal stakeholders in a timely and proactive manner
- deliver high quality reports and documents on award decisions and compliance requirements
- manage KPIs, monitor the efficiency of the procurement service levels and promote the use of standard e-procurement tools and processes
- act as a change agent for the Procurement and Vendor Management roadmap and represent Procurement in meetings with EPO bodies
- ensure and actively promote cross‑team communication with purchasing and vendor management procurement teams
- provide coaching and subject‑matter expertise support to colleagues under the assigned global category
- support Procurement in process optimisation
Apply if you have:
- several years’ experience as a global category manager / lead buyer or similar
- knowledge of the assigned area of category management and the ability to use this knowledge in day- to-day business to optimise the performance of the category
- an understanding of supplier performance management
- an understanding of the business requirements in the category/categories assigned
- knowledge of compliance regulations
- an understanding of processes and documents linked to tender procedures,
- the ability to execute (public) tender procedures, draft and check functional requirements the ability to perform bid analysis in a structured manner
- a sound understanding of the different contract types and respective legal consequences relevant for procurement
- an understanding of risk management and its relevance for procurement and the ability to manage and mitigate procurement-related risks
- an understanding of the processing of sourcing requests in alignment with the EPO’s Financial Regulations and
- the ability to execute them the ability to perform commercial offer evaluation in a structured manner
- expertise in the use of MS Office applications (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) in day-to- day business
- experience in P2P and proficiency in using the Ivalua tool (would be a distinct asset)
- the ability to use the ERP system(s) in place
- diploma of completed studies at master’s level or – in exceptional cases – equivalent professional experience excellent knowledge (at least C1) of one official language (English, French or German) and the ability to understand the other two; alternatively, excellent knowledge (at least C1) of one official language (in such cases, the willingness to learn the missing languages and to reach level B2 within a set time frame would be required)
- citizenship of one of the member states of the European Patent Organisation
The successful candidate will be selected on the basis of qualifications and relevant experience, supplemented as appropriate by interviews, tests and/or a personality questionnaire.
Job group: 4
Grade: G7 to G10 (net basic) monthly salary* for this vacancy: EUR 5900 to 8300, depending on experience and location)
Duration of appointment: Five years
Career path: Technical
Location: The Hague/Munich
Application deadline: 24.10.2022
Interviews planned for: As of calendar week 45
To apply for this position, please click here.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.