Chemonics International Inc, a U.S. based international development consulting firm, seeks a Human Resources Assistant for the USAID Tanzania Lishe Mtambuka Activity, also known as the Regional Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Activity. The five-year project aims to strengthen health and food market systems that promote the adoption of optimal nutrition-related behaviors across a range of stakeholders in targeted regions in Tanzania. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Supporting Lishe Mtambuka’s human resources processes, including maintaining accurate and updated employee records, conducting recruits and staff/consultant onboarding, and supporting the activity’s compliance with local labor laws and the project policy manual.
- Creating and maintaining the project’s HR files for all personnel.
- Preparing all long-term employment and short-term consultant agreements, and any amendments thereto.
- Coordinating new employee set-up.
- Liaising with short-term consultants to ensure proper submission of required materials for payment, reviewing expense reports, timesheets and deliverables, and verifying same with technical team member overseeing their work.
- Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination required; bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred (in human resource management strongly preferred). If ACSEE is the highest certification obtained, a minimum of two years of relevant work experience in human resources is required. If a bachelor’s degree has been obtained, one year of relevant work experience in human resources is required.
- Experience in human resources for a donor-funded development project preferred.
- Knowledge of USAID regulations and strong administrative skills strongly desired.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and application through this link. Applications must be submitted by Friday, September 15th, 2023, however, please submit your application as soon as possible, as candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.