Career Path Services
A collaborator. A people-person. An innovator. Someone who is driven to do heart-work and provide performance excellence, with integrity. A successful Human Resources (HR) Generalist is dedicated to understanding what people need and knowing how to provide it.
You’ll use your detail-oriented processes and interpersonal skills help drive and implement HR initiatives and programs under the direction of the HR Director. On any given day, you’ll provide hands on expertise in areas of recruitment, onboarding, employee relations, benefits and leave administration, training, diversity & inclusion, safety and all HR processes, procedures and operations. At Career Path Services we understand that our business thrives when our people thrive, and that starts by hiring the right HR professionals. In other words, Career Path Services is looking for a qualified, tech savvy, and resourceful HR Generalist to support our HR department in ensuring smooth and efficient business operations.
This position is based in Spokane. A hybrid work model may be allowed after initial training.
Career Path Services values the power of diversity and endeavors to build upon this vital strength. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment for all of our staff and customers. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We are committed to attracting, recruiting, retaining and advancing a diverse team that is responsive to the needs of our diverse clients.
ABOUT THE JOB
The major responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, and standards; provides front-line support as go-to person for all HR and benefit related questions; assists with conducting employee focus groups, as needed.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Conducts recruitment efforts for organization, coordinates with departments/hiring managers and communicates with candidates, conducts background and reference checks; efficiently and effectively assists in filling open positions.
- Coordinates and helps facilitate new employee orientation, tracks and assists with addressing the company’s training needs.
- Performs benefits administration. Processes required employee documentation to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions. Connects with benefit vendors as needed. Works with fiscal department to reconcile monthly benefit invoices.
- Works to create and maintain environment that values and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion among staff.
- Maintains Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) and employee files.
- Writes and proofreads offer letters, termination letters, employee change letters, company policies and procedures, and related documents as needed; conducts exit interviews.
- Maintains all required legal postings and prepares and files HR-related government reports (i.e. EEO-1, OSHA 300 logs,).
- Engages in the interactive process with employees; prepares and tracks FMLA/PFML leaves and assists with accommodations.
- Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Assists with development/implementation of company safety and health programs, reviews and tracks Incident Reports, responds to L&I correspondences, and is an active member of the safety committee.
- Assists with developing/maintaining job descriptions and compensation analysis, including assisting with the research and data presentation of compensation reviews.
We look for individuals who exhibit our organizational core competencies and who have the knowledge of, or ability to learn the key technical competencies and skills for this job.
Technical Competencies and Skills
- Strong working knowledge of HR policies and practices, state and federal labor laws and regulations compliance requirements, and risk implications of HR decisions, including: HCM and related systems, records management, leaves of absence and disability management, recruiting and hiring, benefits and compensation, performance management, workers compensation, and employee relations.
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills with the ability to offer solutions to problems and to identify inefficiencies and recommend process improvements.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet multiple and conflicting deadlines, and ability to maintain a strong and consistent eye for detail.
- Ability to promote a positive work environment and demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues, supervisors and customers at all times.
- Ability to lead and serve with empathy and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to promote a diverse, equitable and inclusive working environment and culture.
- Ability to act with integrity and professionalism; ensures high degree of confidentiality and security of employee information; understands when to direct employee concerns to appropriate level of leadership/HR.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication through ongoing and visible contact, strong verbal skills, and strong documentation and writing skills.
- SHRM Competencies Required:
- Business Acumen: The ability to understand and apply information with which to contribute to the organization’s strategic plan.
- Communication: The ability to effectively exchange information with stakeholders.
- Consultation: The ability to provide guidance to organizational stakeholders.
- Critical Evaluation: The ability to interpret information with which to make business decisions and recommendations.
- Ethical Practice: The ability to integrate core values, integrity, and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Global & Cultural Awareness: The ability to value and consider the perspectives and backgrounds of all parties.
- HR Expertise: The knowledge of principles, practices, and functions of effective human resource management.
- Relationship Management: The ability to manage interactions to provide service and to support the organization.
Organizational Core Values
- Integrity: Stay true to our mission, purpose, and vision; act in harmony with our beliefs and values; gain trust while respecting boundaries; keep commitments, hold ourselves and others accountable.
- Courage: Take smart risks and challenge status quo; challenge actions inconsistent with organization’s values; speak up, even when uncomfortable; perform heroic actions advocating for those the organization serves.
- Generosity: Extend hospitality, appreciation, and have dedication to serve others; seek what is best for the organization rather than self; act humbly; treat everyone with kindness and dignity.
- Visionary: Embrace an entrepreneurial spirit; pioneer new ideas and demonstrate curiosity; embrace failure to break boundaries and learn rapidly; be willing to do things differently; adapt and stay nimble by finding time to simplify.
- Leadership: Humbly guide and lead others to make a positive difference; contribute to the larger good; share knowledge; commit self and others to professional growth; be a life-long learner; engage in open, honest communication.
- Excellence: Perform with integrity to ensure accurate and competent results with a positive impact; extend beyond minimum expectations; consider other points of view; think critically and problem solve by identifying root causes; show unity through teamwork.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, organizational development or related field; direct experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Minimum of 3 years of Human Resources experience working in a generalist capacity, sufficient to demonstrate considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel administration and working knowledge of employment law including applicable State and Federal labor law requirements and regulations.
- Experience administering employee benefit plans, recruitment, onboarding/offboarding, leaves of absence, and maintaining employee records.
- Knowledge of employee relations and investigation practices
- Experience cultivating a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Requires advanced level use of: HR/HRIS and Applicant Tracking software; Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; LinkedIn, and other business-related networking applications, as appropriate.
- Requires attention to detail and analytical/critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to work in a culturally diverse and fast-paced environment and demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity and cultural competency.
- PHR, SHRM-CP or Assurance of Learning Exam (HRCI) certification.
- More than 3 years of HR experience, working in a generalist capacity.
- HRIS/Payroll softwared implementation experience.
In the spirit of generosity for our employees, we have developed a leading benefit package to attract employees, take care of them while working for us, and to ensure they can in turn take care of their families:
For those working at least 25 hours per week:
- Leading health care package, including medical with both F.S.A. and H.S.A. options, paid employee and family dental and vision coverage
- Company paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary/supplemental group term life insurance, group AD&D insurance, hospital indemnity coverage, accident coverage, critical illness coverage, legal coverage, and identity theft coverage
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with a leading employer discretionary contribution
- Paid Vacation (accrue 12 hours/month), Sick (accrue 8 hours/month), Bereavement (1 week), Jury Duty and Military Leave
- 11 Paid Holidays, including Floating Holiday and Birthday Holiday
- Cell Phone Reimbursement Allowance and Personal Development Reimbursement Allowances
- Tuition Reimbursement program and a qualified employer for the Federal Loan Forgiveness Program
ABOUT CAREER PATH SERVICES
Career Path Services is a workforce development and employment training 501(c)3 nonprofit headquartered in Spokane, WA. As an organization, we pride ourselves in being a part of our community and truly enriching the community we work in. We value our diverse team-based environments while recognizing the creativity and initiative of individuals. Career Path Services is committed to honoring our employees’ service to our mission and values by providing continuous training and development opportunities. We have been honored to be named a top 50 Best Nonprofits to Work For by the Nonprofit Times seven years in a row, and are more than proud of our employees who make this happen. Our amazing employees make us a great place to work because of their high character and competence.
Career Path Services is an equal opportunity employer. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to persons of disability. TTY relay 1-800-833-6388.
Empowering All People. Enhancing An Equitable Workforce. Enriching Diverse Communities.
Job: Human Resources Generalist
Primary Location: Spokane
Salary: $55,000 – $80,000 Annually, DOE
Recruitment Closing Date: Open until filled – The hiring authority reserves the right to make hiring decisions and/or close this posting at any time. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.