World Bank Group
IT Analyst, Suva Office will provide advanced IT Support to clients and direction to more junior team members in the team. Incumbent will be responsible for providing enterprise-level IT support to clients by working closely with service teams within ITS and service vendors and identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving basic to complex technical and non-technical end-user questions for all desktop/computing services.
This position is based in Suva, Fiji and reports to the Regional IT Lead for EAP South.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works directly with customers to probe and ask effective questions to fully diagnose both the root cause of a problem and the customer’s comfort level with technology.
- Assesses more complex, non-routine problems in his/ her area of specialization including those escalated by others.
- Serves as second point of contact called upon to resolve customer problems. Identifies and engages the resources necessary to fully evaluate and address the situation, following up to ensure effective resolution.
- Conducts complete diagnostics of most business technology problems, including those involving multiple systems, clients, platforms, and technologies.
- Analyzes information related to a client support service, identifying and reporting on trends, anomalies, etc. Identify opportunities for improvements and escalate to management.
- Supports and maintains the end-user environment. This includes configuring new hardware, reviewing, and addressing virus alerts, installing and troubleshooting software including patches, performing tests, and monitoring the environment (especially during peak periods) to anticipate support needs.
- Participates in facilities work and vendor management, as part of CO administrative teams. Participate in security and business continuity activities. Supports installation, maintenance, upgrades to local networks and communications infrastructure.
- Disseminates information on common problems and issues to clients
- Tracks trending of issues and proactively escalates to Supervisor/ Service Providers
- Applies Technical Knowledge under limited guidance/ direction
- Takes decisions for most routine cases with update to Supervisor.
- Recommend topics and provide necessary IT training sessions to clients; offer agile solutions to meet clients’ evolving needs; help to increase awareness of clients about available ITS tools and products.
- Evaluate and pilot test new products and services, both hardware and software.
- Attend training sessions and maintain a working knowledge of the IT trends in the business relevant to supporting the WBG clients; monitor technology trends and developments.
- Administer WBG information security standards; adhere to Institutional and ITS policies, directives, and procedures; consistently enforce WBG technology standards; ensure that the integrity and security of WBG Systems are not compromised from within or outside the corporation.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills and client orientation.
- Bachelor’s or Master’ s degree with 2 years relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent Windows desktops, VPNs, and Apple mobile devices supporting skills.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft suite products, e.g., Office365, Outlook, SharePoint, OneDrive on Mobile and PC, and browser-based applications.
- Advanced skills with virtual meeting tools, including Cisco products, such as WebEx and Jabber, and MS Teams and Zoom.
- ITIL4+ Certification and Experience in performing incident management according to ITIL practices using ServiceNow system and adhering to agreed SLAs and Quality metrics.
- Experience in supporting VIP clients, with the temperament to handle urgent requests.
- Good Communication Skills to Conducting training on IT Products and engage with Clients in a multi-cultural Environment.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.
Account Manager, UK MarketThe Knot WorldwideLondonLondon
Java Entwickler Backend – Scrum / Clean Code / Datenbanken (m/w/d)WorkwiseBaden-WürttembergBaden-Württemberg
Asset Owner Solutions – Junior Technical Sales ExecutiveIQ-EQLondonLondon
Local Service ManagerSanctuary GroupWinslow, BuckinghamshireWinslow, Buckinghamshire