Food and Agriculture Organization
The project “Responding to the Economic Crisis: Protecting smallholder farmer livelihoods through safe and efficient use of fertilizer and quality seed for better productivity in paddy farming” aims at responding to the Economic Crisis in Sri Lanka, protecting smallholder farmer livelihoods through safe and efficient use of fertilizer and quality seed for better productivity in paddy farming. The project promotes transition of Sri Lankan agriculture towards more sustainable farming inputs including integrating use of organic fertilizer through IPNM. For this, the project will focus on soil fertility and supply of precise amount of plant nutrient for sustaining the desired productivity through optimization of the benefits of all possible sources of organic, inorganic and biological components in an integrated manner. This would address a vital missing component in the country’s crop management system for paddy and would be extremely beneficial for both environmental and economic perspectives.
Under the overall supervision of the AFAOR (Programme) and the incumbent will directly work with the National Project Manager and will work in close collaboration with International IT Operations Consultant and the IT unit of the Extension and Training Centre (ETC) of the Department of Agriculture.
The National IT Specialist (upgrading of LMS platforms) will contribute to achieve the expected results ‘2’ of the project “Extension officials and farmers trained on the right amount, safe and efficient use of fertilizer through IPNM strategy” by strengthening LMS e-platform established in MOA to provide exposure and training on IPNM to the 35000 paddy farmers through designing training and communication material over e-platforms.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Review the existing learning management platforms and mobile applications of the Extension and Training Centre (ETC) of the Department of Agriculture’s and advice the project manager on the feasibility of using the existing platform to enable introduction of new training material developed for the IPNM training in all local language options.
- Upgrade/update existing learning management platforms and mobile applications of the Extension and Training Centre (ETC)
- Work closely with the IT service provider for delivering the Web and Mobile applications of the LMS.
- Review and provide technical advice for the documents related to the LMS.
- Provide support for the DOA staff for the upgrading and maintenance of the LMS e-platform;
- In collaboration with International IT expert and technical experts develop the web based training program on Integrated Plant Nutrient Management.
- Act as the focal point for upgrading of LMS e-platform;
Candidates Will Be Assessed Against The Following
- Advanced University Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Software Engineering or a related field.
- Seven years of relevant experience in delivering digital and information technology solutions and services, learning platforms development for computer and mobile devises.
- Working knowledge (level C) in English language, spoken and written in addition to Sinhala and /or Tamil.
- National of Sri Lanka.
- Experience in advance programming methodologies
- Ability to understanding and incorporation interoperability concepts
- Experience in developing e-platforms for sharing learning modules
- Experience in drafting TORs
- Experience in developing learning management systems
- Experience in reviewing SRS document
- Experience in working in the context of multi stakeholder project
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
GEF STAP Panel Member – International WatersWorld Meteorological Organization (WMO)Home-based / RemoteHome-based / Remote
RFQ/UNDP/SP4N-LAPOR/006/2023 – Promotional Merchandise for SP4N-LAPOR! ProjectUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere
Temporary Appointment Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist, P3, Lome-Togo #123693UNICEF GlobalTogoTogo