We are looking for an IT System Engineer to maintain, run and upgrade our on-premises-based and cloud-based systems.
Resourcefulness is a vital skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the perseverance to connect with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
This role has the main responsibility of supporting the Systems team in running all operating environments. This position interacts with systems administrators, Field Engineers as well as Field IT on continuous improvement to optimize performance and maintain appropriate technical capacity.
- Runs technical operations for all servers and systems across the IRCs global footprint, monitors for issues, uptime, performance, and capacity and looks for continuous systems improvement. Serve as one of focal points for alerts and problem resolution escalated by ServiceDesk team.
- Build and maintain servers, including physical VMware hosts, and virtual machines both on-premises as well as in a cloud environment.
- Manages and maintains AD and AAD aspects.
- Together with Field Engineers and Field IT team implements systems infrastructure for new projects that align with IRC IT operational standards, including documentation, backup, monitoring, and security.
- Monitor verifies and test backups.
- Ensure no systems are running unsupported versions of software/firmware and promptly identify any required replacements with sufficient lead time for planning.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Active Directory and Windows server administration
- Working understanding of Azure environment
- Wireless LAN technologies
- Datacenter hardware
- SSL encryption and VPN
- Backup technologies
- Software licensing and maintenance
- Information security principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as, an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
- Cloud hosting solutions such as Microsoft Azure
- Office 365 administration
- Storage Area Network (SAN) administration
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Language Skills: English required, working knowledge of Spanish is desired.
Certificates or Licenses:
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- Azure / MS365 administrator
- ITIL Foundations
- Standard office working environment.
- This role may require working remotely full or part time and part time remote employees may be required to share workspace.
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity:
IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
The IRC and IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Global Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.