- Based at our Warrnambool Campus
- Part Time (0.5 FTE) and fixed term until December 2023
- Level B $104,619 – $123,739 (pro rata) + 17% Superannuation
Founded in 1974, Deakin is a public university in Victoria with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and the online Campus. We are a progressive and open-minded university, with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
Lead a range of teaching and research activities focussed on the first-year experience in undergraduate health promotion, health sciences and/or disability and inclusion within Deakin’s School of Health and Social Development.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain deep discipline knowledge which is applied to inform unit design
- Assist in the integration of industry and research practice to inform unit / course design and teaching practices
- Participate in teaching teams to develop courses and materials and collaborate to produce innovation in curriculum design
- Deliver learner-centric, research-informed teaching practices across different levels / modes of delivery
- Contribute to review of units and courses and implement refinements
- Develop effective assessment tasks and rubrics at unit level to improve learning outcomes
- Design collaborative learning opportunities at the unit level
- Contribute effectively to a culture of educational excellence and engage collaboratively with peers
- Advance knowledge within own specific fields and build teaching and learning capability related to discipline or pedagogy
- Advance knowledge within their specific fields/areas of teaching scholarship and pedagogical research activity
- Contribute to discipline-based educational or pedagogy research projects
- Initiate, design and conduct high-quality research, scholarship activities generating high impact outputs
- Widely communicate research outputs to discipline(s), other sectors and the community, nationally and internationally, ensuring impact in the field and the community
- Support research funding applications that influence policy, strategy or translate into real world impact
- Build national reputation, based on growing, focused body of work recognised for quality, excellence and impact
- Assist the implementation of local citizenship activities and contribute to effectiveness as influencer
- Contribute to the implementation of specific aspects of University’s strategic agenda
- Assist the implementation of community engagement activities
Key selection criteria for this role:
- PhD in a relevant discipline and/or other relevant qualifications and experience
- excellent record of scholarly learning and teaching in UG and/or PG programs, including innovative curriculum design
- emerging reputation in research and scholarship through publications and/or exhibitions and/or success in obtaining external research funding
- ability to make a contribution to community engagement for research and teaching
- capacity to contribute to leadership of teaching, research and/or administration
- excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD Teaching-and-Research_Level-B HSE Team.pdf
Applications for this position close on 25/01/2023
Successful applicants will need to comply with vaccination mandates imposed by the relevant state/territory government. Applicants who attend third-party sites to undertake University activities will also be required to comply with any other directions or requirements in place at the third-party location.
- Working with Children Check (refer to Recruitment Procedure)
Please submit your updated resume, a short cover letter and responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Prof Jenny Watts, Head of School HSD at [email protected]
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.