International Rescue Committee
Requisition ID: req46343
Job Title: MEAL Officer
Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Aden, Yemen
Working under the direct supervision of the Senior MEAL Manager, the MEAL Officer for the FCDO grand will be based in the IRC Aden Office, Yemen. The MEAL Officer will work closely with all program staff in the field and Partner MEAL staff to implement the FCDO MEAL commitments and improve program quality through enhanced data management systems and processes in all the locations in the South.
The MEAL Officer will be responsible for managing day-to-day MEAL issues arising in the Field Office and providing technical support to the Partner MEAL field teams to ensure the effective implementation of the project. Field data collection and on-site verifications will be conducted by the MEAL officer in collaboration with Partner MEAL field teams.
The Officer will be responsible for the feedback channel for all the locations in the South under the FCDO grant, conducting field visits, surveys, FGD, and individual meetings as well as crafting reports and supporting the staff.
- Provide direct support to monitoring and evaluation processes of the project.
- Support Partner MEAL staff to adhere to the Monitoring and Evaluation standards.
- Supervise data entry processes and provide complete, accurate, and consistent data to the Senior MEAL Manager to ease data analysis and action planning.
- Take part in all data analysis and action planning meetings organized in the locations in the South.
- Keep the database up to date and help Partner MEAL staff prepare periodic high-quality reports.
- Assess M&E technical capacity needs in the field office, prepare and implement a capacity-building plan on data collection, cleaning, analysis, presentation, and use with support from the Senior MEAL Manager
- Provide support in all assessments, surveys, and evaluations in all locations.
- Conduct regular data verification and audit exercises in collaboration with Partner MEAL field teams to assess the quality of data reported and address any anomalies identified.
- Submit to the Senior MEAL Manager weekly and monthly updates on MEAL activities conducted in the locations, including reports on the implementation and use of feedback channels including limitations and challenges.
- Ensure that the feedback channels for all Partners are in place and appropriate for the affected population: this may include conducting field visits, surveys and facilitating FGD, and running individual meetings with communities.
- Assess the utility and efficiency of the established mechanisms for children and adults and propose recommendations for improvements.
- Provide support, advice, and training to Partner staff, where applicable for the management of client feedback.
- Present statistics on feedback received and feedback content in clear formats to highlight feedback trends, as well as synthesize qualitative feedback in ways that provide the detail that the program team will need to have an appropriate response.
- Keep a record of the number of cases that are closed/responded to, the timeliness of response, and how client feedback has been responded to through information collection and data analysis.
- Make sure the feedback loop with clients is closed within the agreed timeline to acknowledge their feedback and respond to them about what the IRC has done in response to feedback.
- Maintain open and professional relations with other team members while promoting strong team spirit.
- Education: A postgraduate or bachelor`s degree in Social Sciences, Information Technology, Development Studies, Statistics, or a related field.
- Minimum of three years of working experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning or research at field level.
- Experience in conducting surveys or evaluations e.g., post-distribution monitoring, post-harvest surveys, post-planting surveys, and KAP surveys will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in data collection using mobile data collection systems such as Commcare, KoBo Collect, or ODK.
- Experience in data analysis using Excel, PowerBI, SPSS, and/or STATA.
- Good technical skills in writing surveys and assessment reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; both verbal and written communications skills as well as strong team working skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in an effective, proactive, and timely manner.
- Good English and Arabic writing skills
- Good English and Arabic verbal skills
3.Skills and Abilities:
- Competence in using computer packages including Word and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural contexts
- Ability to work under pressure/cope with tight deadlines
- Active listening and effective communication.
- Professionalism and work ethic.
- Receptive and Resilient.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Positive Interpersonal interactions
The position is based in Aden with field visits to IRC locations (Abyan and Al Dhalee).
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.