International Labour Organization
The M&E officer is responsible to compile information and disseminate knowledge about M&E among all projects in the Cairo office and ensures that projects are adopting and adhering to the ILO M&E practices. S/he will ensure ILO M&E toolkit is developed and always updated and are being adequately and promptly utilized by Project Teams. This will include but not limited to all practices of data management, projects monitoring and documentation, evaluations and learning practices. The M&E officer will be a point of reference for all M&E activities.
The M&E officer will report to the Senior Programme Officer in the Cairo office.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for the design and implementation of the Comprehensive Monitoring, Evaluation and learning Strategy for ILO and ILO projects ensuring its adoption across all ILO Cairo Office initiatives and projects.
- Develop and implement mechanisms to enhance the knowledge management function in the target countries and at regional level including aspect of governance, knowledge transfer, electronic accessibility and other aspects of a knowledge management strategy beyond the life of the project.
- Undertake regular visits to the fields to support the monitoring of the project, check the quality of data produced, and to identify where adaptations might be needed.
- Devise and mainstream ILO’s Standard Indicators, a set of indicators that reflect ILO’s priorities and achievements in Egypt and develop and ensure criteria for data quality assurance across all projects, conducting periodic assessments to the reported data and indicators achievements.
- Conduct periodic M&E training sessions collectively and individually with projects teams ensuring adopting proper practice standards.
- Participate in project design workshops and brainstorming providing M&E Lens as relevant and ensure that gender is mainstreamed in project implementation.
- Review monitoring outputs are well captured and documented.
- Collaborate with the Communication team for the production and dissemination of flyers, communication bulletins and/or newsletters to partners and potential donors.
- Support technically the implementation of the midterm and final evaluations of the projects, including inputs in ToRs and technical support during their implementation and ensure the dissemination of findings, lessons learned, good practices and recommendations Lead and/ or support self-assessments on projects, providing guidance and advice for adjustments and adaptations.
- Support the Cairo Office in the implementation of its Resource Mobilization Strategy
- Any other tasks requested by the supervisor.
- First level University degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in a field relevant to the job.
- Minimum of two years of professional work experience in programme and/or project planning, monitoring, implementation and evaluation activities.
- Excellent command of English and Arabic, written and spoken.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Local Service ManagerSanctuary GroupWinslow, BuckinghamshireWinslow, Buckinghamshire
(Senior) Consultant SAP Health (all genders)AdessoMecklenburg-VorpommernMecklenburg-Vorpommern
ICT Officer (Automation System Architect), NOA, Business Innovation and Support, Global Shared Services Centre, Budapest, HungaryUNICEF GlobalHungaryHungary
National Programme OfficerUnited Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural OrganizationHaiti, HaitiHaiti, Haiti