Food and Agriculture Organization
FAO’s office in Gaziantep is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing and implementing agreed strategies for addressing food, agriculture and rural development priorities in NW Syria. The primary objective of FAO is to support the development of policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to assist in developing the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. As such, FAO’s office in Gaziantep is currently implementing and planning a number of projects aimed at strengthening resilience and socio-economic cohesion among highly vulnerable conflict- and earthquake-affected rural communities in NW Syria through support to agricultural livelihoods and access to employment in the agri-food sector.
Under the overall guidance of the Assistant Director-General Regional Representative for Near East and North Africa (RNE) and the direct supervision of the Programme Officer (RNE), the Driver is subject to the day-to-day functional supervision of the Operations Specialist in Gaziantep.
Provision of safe and reliable driving services to FAO personnel and official visitors; ensuring the safety, security and technical compliance of the assigned vehicles.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure provision of safe, secure and reliable driving services to FAO personnel and official visitors, including cross-border missions to NW Syria.
- Ensure compliance of FAO vehicles with UN safety and security requirements and measures, and follow all organizational and local country rules, security measures and protocols of FAO and UNDSS related to driving and road safety.
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely oil changes, tyre and brake checks, etc., and ensures that the assigned vehicles are clean and sufficiently fuelled at all times.
- Ensure proper use of office vehicles and maintain detailed and accurate vehicle logs for official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, transportation/vehicle expenditures, repairs, etc.
- In the event of an accident, handle all local and organizational formalities while ensuring that UN, FAO and local rules and regulations are followed correctly.
- Undertake timely collections and deliveries on behalf of the office as required.
- Support logistics pertaining to the FAO NW Syria programme, including coordinating supplier deliveries and transshipments, customs clearances and quality inspections.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Candidates Will Be Assessed Against The Following:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience as a driver, preferably with UN/NGO, with clean driving record
- Working knowledge of Turkish
- National of Türkiye
- limited knowledge of English and/or Arabic an asset
- Skilled in safe and defensive driving with good knowledge of local conditions, driving rules and regulations;
- Skilled in vehicle maintenance and minor vehicle repairs;
- High degree of punctuality and reliability;
- Ability to cope with extended working hours and work on weekends, if required;
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Property Marketing ConsultantSpicerhaartStratton St Margaret, WiltshireStratton St Margaret, Wiltshire
Administrative & Finance Specialist (P3) FT, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea #126760United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)Port Moresby, Papua New GuineaPort Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Analyst BankingEuropean Bank for Reconstruction and DevelopmentIstanbul, TurkeyIstanbul, Turkey
Team leader to conduct the End of Project EvaluationUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere