Diocese of Chelmsford
Working hours: Full time, 35 hours per week
(Consideration will be given to applicants wishing to work part time, ideally with a minimum of
28 hours per week.) Hybrid Working may be considered (60% of working time to be undertaken at the Diocesan Office).
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 per annum, subject to experience and qualifications
Benefits: Hybrid and flexible working schemes, 11% non-contributory pension scheme, 25 days
holiday rising to 29 after five years’ service.
The Chelmsford Diocese is seeking to implement its commitment to reaching carbon net zero by
2030 in line with the Church of England General Synod’s Net Zero Carbon Routemap. There is a
need for a dedicated role to support the implementation of this commitment.
- Liaise with relevant staff and other individuals within the Diocese to understand progress
towards reaching carbon net zero in different areas (including churches, schools, clergy
property, cathedral, travel)
- Work according to Diocesan strategy to achieve the net zero target, identifying appropriate
funding streams for all aspects of the work required, including capital projects, energy audits
and developing plans.
- Advise on funding for specific projects, supporting funding applications and exploring
group procurement as appropriate.
- Work with other dioceses, particularly those in the Eastern Region, to maximise the
potential for identifying and securing funding.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, for example you may hold a professional
qualification or have considerable related experience (with sound numeracy and literacy skills)
- Specific skills and expertise in an area related to understanding the implementation of
carbon emissions reduction
- Experience of using and supporting databases, analysis of trends, and producing summary
tables and graphs
- Holder of a full driving license and access to private transport
For more information, please visit the Net Zero Carbon website.
The job description and further
information on how to apply are available from the website. Completed application forms should
be returned to [email protected] by Thursday 2 November.
Closing Date: Thursday 2 November
Interviews: Monday 13 November
Please be advised we reserve the right to close the role early and we cannot consider
candidates who do not complete and return a completed application form.
Please refer to the relevant Eastern Region Diocesan Privacy Policies for guidance on how we
will process your data.
The HR Team at the Diocese of Chelmsford are administering the recruitment processes for a
number of Net Carbon Zero vacancies across the East of England Dioceses of the Church of
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobstenders.net) you saw this internship posting.