United Nations Children's Fund
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
The post is a key interface with a broad range of contacts including high-ranking officials, both within and outside the Organization.
- The post prioritizes tasks and organizes work under close guidance from the supervisor.
- Arranges appointments and maintains supervisor’s calendar, receiving high ranking visitors, places and screens telephone calls and answers queries; Organizes meetings including taking responsibility for finalization of the meeting agenda, invitations, the production and distribution of documentation, and preparation of minutes of meetings.
- May be required to support logistical arrangements for workshops outside the office. Distributes meeting reports and information and ensure follow-up on required action.
- Acts as Secretariat for several Operations functions, such as Business Continuity, and Enterprise Risk Management.
- Collects and compiles Operations management indicators for Operations meeting review.
- Research data information and prepare monthly analysis reports on office management indicators.
- Contribute to the preparation of progress reports by consolidating, providing and preparing financial data / tables for day to day use and assist in the preparation of budget and financial forecasts.
- Prepares correspondence for the supervisor’s signature as required; drafts emails, memoranda and reports via oral instructions, previous correspondence or other available information sources, in accordance with standard office procedures, and classifies and codes material relating to a number of subject matter areas, and maintains general office files both electronically and hard copies placed on files.
- Creates and maintains data in VISION for suppliers, partners, and consultants.
- Compiles leave and travel plans for the Operations section, ensuring completeness of documentation and timely reporting. Supports supervisor in logistical arrangements for official travel.
- Provides support in keeping track on audit follow up actions, initiating follow-up action with respective focal point and preparing draft progress report for supervisor’s review.
- Assists the Deputy Representative Operations in the preparation of the Country Programme Management Plans, Annual Management Plans, and annual reports.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Completion of secondary education. University courses in accounting, business administration, economics, or financial management, will be an asset.
- A minimum of six years of work experience in office management, finance, accounting, ICT, human resources, supply and administration and/or other related fields.
- For this position, a bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic institution in a relevant field may replace three years of related work experience. A master’s degree may replace additional two years.
- Fluency in French, working knowledge of English, and knowledge local language of the duty station is required.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Java Entwickler Backend – Scrum / Clean Code / Datenbanken (m/w/d)WorkwiseBaden-WürttembergBaden-Württemberg
Asset Owner Solutions – Junior Technical Sales ExecutiveIQ-EQLondonLondon
Local Service ManagerSanctuary GroupWinslow, BuckinghamshireWinslow, Buckinghamshire
(Senior) Consultant SAP Health (all genders)AdessoMecklenburg-VorpommernMecklenburg-Vorpommern