Food and Agriculture Organization
Under the direct supervision of Lead Technical Officer and overall guidance FAO Sub-regional Coordinator (SRC) for the Pacific, in close consultation with the National Project Director, and working closely with the FLO, FAO-GEF Coordination Unit and other officers at Headquarters, the Regional and Sub-regional offices and relevant Ministries, National Project Coordinator will be responsible for the following tasks:
The incumbent shall support the technical matters as well as coordinate the operational support function of the designated project at national level. (S)he would also facilitate all discussions with relevant counterparts and stakeholders and contribute to the implementation of activities and reporting as needed.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide technical guidance and assess the deliverables of the national consultants hired with GEF funds, as well as the products generated in the implementation of the project;
- Supervise project work plan activities of the Project Field Officers in each of the outer islands
- Work in close collaboration with the NTSP-LDN Coordinator and UNCCD Focal Point to ensure alignment of work plan activities of the Project Field Officers, in particular in data collection, with the development and implementation of the LDN Strategy
- In close collaboration with the STA, ensure synergies are established between the project’s M&E and datasets collected for measuring locally relevant LDN indicators and metrics for land productivity dynamics (measured as net primary productivity, NPP) and carbon stocks (measured as soil organic carbon, SOC)
- Contribute to training of MLGA extensions staff in delivery of Farmer Field Schools
- Organize and ensure timely project procurements of supplies and inputs for project activities and trainings workshops in project sites
- Liaise with FAO, PSC, relevant government agencies, and all project partners, including regional technical organizations and NGOs for effective synergistic implementation of all project activities at both community project sites and at national level
- Provide assistance to international and national consultants and FAO Technical Officers as necessary;
- Monitoring and management of project financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports;
- Track the project’s progress and ensure timely delivery of project inputs and deliverables;
- coordination and implementation of project activities;
- Act as secretary of the Project Steering Committee, call its meetings and establish its agendas in consultation with the NPD;
- Lead and organise project procurements of supplies, and organise project training workshop in Funafuti;
- Lead and facilitate farmer trainings in outer islands;
- Guide the international consultants, SPC and FAO Technical Officers as necessary;
- Lead the monitoring and evaluation of project implementation;
- Liaise with all project stakeholders on project information and facilitate implementation of project activities;
- Prepare and submit progress reports to the Director and to FAO-SAP;
- Work closely with the LTO in preparing a draft Terminal Report according to FAO and donor guidelines;
- Co-ordinate the tripartite review project meetings, and other stakeholders meeting;
- Based on the capacity assessment findings, identify opportunities and training needs for strengthening capacity of the MLGA and MoF in project execution.
- Facilitate and support the handover of execution functions to MLGA after 18 months of project implementation.
- Perform any other duties deemed necessary for the successful execution of the project.
Candidates Will Be Assessed Against The Following:
- Advanced degree from University or equivalent Institution in environmental management, environmental sciences, agriculture/horticulture science or related fields;
- A minimum of five years of experience in the management or coordination of international, regional or national projects related to the agriculture and environment.
- Working knowledge of spoken and written English and Tuvaluan is required.
- National of Tuvalu.
Recommend your friend
Tasks and responsibilities:
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.
Gender and Civil Society Promotion AssociateUnited Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS)Tashkent, UzbekistanTashkent, Uzbekistan
Recrutement d’un (e) consultant (e) pour l’élaboration d’un guide de préventionUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere
INNOVATION AND PROGRAM QUALITY COORDINATOROxfamOxfamOxfam
National Research Consultants (Roster) | SenegalBodhi Global AnalysisSenegalSenegal