In situations of armed conflict, Geneva Call, as a neutral, impartial and independent international humanitarian organization, endeavors to strengthen the respect of humanitarian norms and principles by armed non-State actors, in order to improve the protection of civilians, while supporting local communities in their efforts to enhance their own protection. Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit, humanitarian organization foundation under Swiss law, founded in 1998.
Geneva Call consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. Geneva Call is an inclusive working environment for all its staff. Applications are particularly encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
As part of the Policy, Programmes, and Legal Unit, and under the supervision of the Deputy Head, Policy, Programmes, and Legal, the Project Management Coordinator is responsible for the coordinating the implementation of Geneva Call’s humanitarian engagement on acute and severe food insecurity in areas affected by armed conflict through the respect of humanitarian norms by armed groups and de facto authorities, a project funded by Germany. The overall activities are planning, coordination, and supporting the implementation of project activities; internal and external communications and managing partnerships with project stakeholders; and monitoring financial and compliance obligations for the project. They will also be responsible for coordination, reporting on project deliverables, and contributing to donor relations.
Education and experience
- Master or postgraduate degree in international relations, international development, or another relevant subject.
- Project management certification, such as Prince2, PFQ, CAPM/PMP, or IAPM is highly desirable.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a similar role and with increasing level of responsibilities, with a focus on implementation of behavioural change projects, ideally in the humanitarian space.
- Experience in project administration and management, underpinned by strong IT skills.
- High degree of financial literacy with project budget planning and management experience.
- Implementation and project monitoring.
- Strong drafting skills for donor reporting.
- Experience working in an international matrix structure in an positive and constructive manner.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
- Understanding and respect for humanitarian principles and the organizational vision, mission and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a matrix management environment.
- Developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal) at a level appropriate for high level external representation and ability to tailor communications to different audiences.
- Willingness and ability to travel at short notice.
- Ability to work independently and take initiatives.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and deliver to deadlines.
- Ability to integrate a gender and intersectional perspective into all aspects of a project.
Conflict of interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process. The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the Geneva Call Performance Management guidelines.
- Position : Project Management Coordinator
- Activity rate: 100%
- Work place: Brussels, Belgium or Geneva, Switzerland
- Preferred start date: as soon as possible
How to apply
To apply please follow this link to our career page. The deadline for submitting applications is December 3, 2023.
All applications will be kept confidential. Please note only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for further process.
Geneva Call is the equal opportunity employer.