With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
- Demonstrate World Visions core values, vision, and mission.
- Build a team of highly committed and competent staff, ensuring cooperation and coordination among relevant staff within the Project. Mentor, coach and provide opportunities for the professional growth of staff that directly report to this position.
- Create a learning environment in which staff within the assigned project regularly reflect, learn from mistakes, and use lessons for personal growth and to revise work plans to improve mission impact.
- Ensure that staff understand and follow the WV safeguarding policy and that awareness-raising on child protection, response, and incident reporting is occurring
- Ensure a start-up workshop inclusive of all relevant stakeholders
- Direct and oversee the implementation of the grant, ensuring that the projects ultimate, Intermediate and Immediate Outcomes are achieved in line with the Detailed Implementation Plan and the available budget
- Led project team in participatory planning of project implementation activities, ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices, and donor guidelines
- Provide timely input and contribution to the completion of monthly work plans, and monthly, quarterly, and end-of-project reports and ensure grant management compliance consistent with donor and WV regulations.
- In collaboration with the Zonal managers, ensure effective liaison with local government officials, local communities, donor representatives, and other stakeholders, making use of an appropriate accountability framework
- Provide required documents/tools to support departments, particularly Finance, P&C, Procurement, Logistics, and Procurement to ensure good practice in the provision of support services
Staff Supervision, Management, and Capacity Building/ Continuous Learning
- Supervise a team of senior national staff with skills across a diverse set of technical areas
- Develop and maintain an adequate human resource plan consistent with WV policies, donor requirements, and local laws and ensure the proper technical and operational capacity of staff to manage and implement project initiatives
- Ensure competent and motivated staff are hired and retained
- Conduct ongoing reviews of staff performance in line with WVs performance management system, ensuring opportunities for staff feedback
- Ensure proper technical capacity of staff is available by providing training and performance management to project staff
- WVs frontline and technical staff are equipped with knowledge, tools and resources to support project implementation
- Guide, mentor, and build the capacity of the WV Project staff in order to deliver high-quality outputs
- Manage grant budget within approved spending levels for both WV and Donor and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to donor and key management staff at World Vision.
- In conjunction with the Finance team, ensure grant/project compliance whereby project expenditures are reasonable, allocable, prudent, and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure compliance with external audits.
Monitoring, Reporting, Documentation & Knowledge Management, and Compliance
- Maintain effective project quality assurance mechanisms, including a monitoring system for tracking of project progress against indicators, activities, and key project milestones, reporting, evaluation, and communication systems
- Conduct routine visits to all project sites for purposes of monitoring and operational support
- Submit timely accurate and quality reports that meet donor requirements
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures for monitoring, reporting, documentation, and knowledge management, including the establishment of standard tools and systems for documentation and information sharing of project progress, best practices, lessons learned and success stories
Coordination and strengthened partnership
- Foster participatory planning and monitoring by engaging primary stakeholder groups in all stages of the project from project inception to project close-out
- Establish strong communication and working relationship between the project team and other WV support departments.
- Create an enabling environment for dialogue, information sharing, partnerships, and, cooperation when delivering project interventions
- Represent World Vision in the local coordination forums and liaise with Government officials and other partners wherever appropriate and required.
- In conjunction with other stakeholders, effectively advocate for changes in standards, policies, and legislations based on insights and demands from targeted communities.
- Effectively represent WV operations and mission when accompanying visitors, e.g. donor and/or Government representatives, journalists, and other delegations to project sites
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- Adhere to WV accountability standards.
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of WASH, Livelihoods, and Health interventions.
- While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the duties involved in this position, World Vision reserves the right to add, remove or alter duties when necessary
Required Professional Experience
- Minimum of 3 years working in multi-sector, multimillion grant management within a dynamic humanitarian context (preferably within Ghor, Badghis, Faryab, and Herat operational locations)
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in project management
- Previous experience working in the areas related to WASH, Health and FSL, Cash, Nutrition, and Protection
- Previous experience working in managing multi-sector projects preferred
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Degree in Project Management, Development fields, humanitarian field, social sciences, Livelihoods, Engineering, or relevant field
- Training certificates in project management, budget management,
- Strong understanding of USAID/BHA guidance and previous experience working with USAID-funded project
- Report writing, monitoring, and supervision skills
- Familiarity with and a supportive attitude toward processes of strengthening local organizations and building local capacities for self-management
- Willingness to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to productively, and effectively work across organizations, locations, and cultures.
- Excellent written and oral English skills (Ability to express ideas clearly both in written and spoken English)
- Strong analytical skills
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Ability to maintain focus and achieve outcomes under pressure
- Stakeholder management, relationship building, and networking
- Understanding of program design process, and monitoring/evaluation frameworks
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse contexts and deliver results working under minimum supervision.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Accessibility to the below-mentioned areas/locations is required (please specify):
- The travel will be required in Northern, Western, Southern, and Central Highlands Regions; Ghor, Faryab, Provinces; the position requires 40% of travel to those locations for supervision and monitoring purposes;
- Ability to travel
- English (fluent written and verbal abilities),
- Dari (fluent written and verbal abilities)
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.