The University of Western Australia
Work type:full time
- Leading projects in the digital transformation of services for a World Top 100 University
- Level 8 – 9, full-time appointment on a 12-month fixed-term basis
- Salary range: $124,926 to $152,689 total package
- Flexible working arrangements
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
Robust, flexible, integrated and agile enterprise architecture, information and technology services are vital to enabling the university strategic objectives. UWA is also looking to utilise technology advancements to expand its services and create new and innovative teaching and research models.
About the opportunity
You will work independently and manage the consistent and successful delivery of solutions and services. This is achieved through the planning, execution and delivery of projects on time, within budget, to specified quality and within scope. Throughout the lifecycle of each project, you will manage specific and overall project status and project teams to mitigate issues and risks.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent competency
- Project management qualification preferably in Prince 2 and Agile
- Substantial relevant leadership experience in managing multiple diverse teams to deliver successful project outcomes against tight schedules and shifting parameters.
- Substantial experience in stakeholder management and engagement, together with the ability to work collaboratively at all levels and as a member of multiple teams
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet, Microsoft Project, and email
- Understanding of the IT industry trends and their application in the higher education sector
- Ability to understand the business context, apply sound judgement in staff, financial and vendor management
- Working knowledge of the Higher Education sector is desirable
Note: A Current National Police Clearance Certificate is required for the successful applicant
About your application
Full details of the position’s responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Project Manager 515272.pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
You may also submit an additional statement (1-page max) outlining any personal circumstances which should be considered when assessing your application. Applicants who have experienced periods of academic/professional interruption or other relevant events can include a description of achievements relative to opportunity in this statement.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Tuesday, 5 September 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Anthony McLean on (08) 08 6488 1675 or at [email protected]
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for children aged 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at [email protected] with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.
Advertised:22 Aug 2023 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:05 Sep 2023 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.