King's College London
The role of the Project Manager is to provide professional project management in the day-to-day running of multiple projects through the entire project lifecycle to deliver to the needs of the organisation, within set budget, timescales, and quality.
The successful candidate will be expected to build relationships across a wide stakeholder community and business partners, to ensure the projects are delivered to budget and within timescales, driving innovation in line with the University’s requirements.
The role is based within the King’s IT Directorate in IT Solutions, and is based at Lavington Street, Southwark, London. We work with stakeholders right across the King’s estate, spanning Central London, South London and our King’s Service Centre in Cornwall.
This post will be offered on a full-time, indefinite contract.
- Plan, identify, and secure resources to support a successful outcome of work packages or the entire project
- Monitor and control resources, revenue, and capital costs against the project budget
- Lead and prepare detailed planning and budgetary reports for a range of audiences, to assist in the approval and management of projects as well as briefings and other related project governance communications
- Project manage the full life cycle of IT procurement activities. This involves tender development, evaluation, shortlisting, supplier selection and contract negotiation
- Provide line management and/or mentoring to Project Coordinators/Junior Project Managers as required
- Matrix manage staff, contractors and vendors, where appropriate, to ensure on time, on budget and agreed quality outcomes to projects and initiatives
- Manage expectations of all project stakeholders and suppliers to ensure effective planning, delivery, and communications
- Co-operate with King’s Health Partners, JISC, the Francis Crick Institute and other organisations to ensure that excellent solutions are provided to all College stakeholders and partners
- Ensure that realistic project, quality, change control and risk management processes are maintained
- Contribute to the creation of benefits realisation plans as part of each project
- Define, document, and successfully deliver IT projects across the college in line with the Kings Operating Model (KOM)
1. Education to degree standard and/or equivalent qualifications/experience
2. Prince2 Practitioner, APMP PMQ, PMI PMP
3. Experience of managing IT projects with knowledge of formal project management methodologies
4. Experience of managing, inspiring, engaging and motivating a team, using interpersonal skills to achieve excellent results
5. Excellent project planning and dependency management skills
6. Excellent presentation skills and the ability to communicate confidently, articulating ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
7. Ability to identify and manage priorities, whilst considering the needs of a diverse range of stakeholders
8. Excellent knowledge of contract lifecycles, vendor management and procurement
9. Experience of working with third parties to deliver IT Solutions
10. Willingness to update professional knowledge and a commitment to continuous improvement
1. Scrum, SAFe and/or equivalent qualifications and/or experience
2. ITIL Foundation qualifications
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.