United Nations Children's Fund
The Operations function is a strategic Business Partner role within the senior Management team, enabling and assuring that operations activities are in alignment with sound management practices, office priorities and goals to deliver results for children.
As a Strategic Business Partner and member of the senior management team, the incumbent will be required to lead for results, drive change, provide risk informed, solution-focused analysis, advice and services and contribute to programme and management decisions for delivering results for children in all operational contexts within the Regional office and provide technical leadership and guidance for Operations in all CPD countries and field offices, as well as response offices within the region. A Strategic Operations function will accomplish this by:
- Valuing People: Lead, manage and develop people resources to promote technical competence and foster career progression and retention of a fit for purpose/ agile workforce
- Valuing Money: Champion strategic resources to achieve organizational goals and ensure Value for Money (VfM)
- Valuing Risk Management: Enhance Risk Management to increase organizational performance and strengthen internal control
- Valuing Systems and Structures: Ensure further operational centralization and optimization for maximized efficiency gains
- Valuing Partners: Strengthening internal and external-facing partnerships and leveraging UNICEF’s oversight and understanding of programmatic financial management.
- The incumbent will also be expected to possess good programmatic knowledge in order to work with all sections and to play a strategic RO advisory and management role, as well as to maintain strong working partnerships with DFAM, DAPM and other HQ divisions.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An Advanced University Degree (Master’s and above) in one of the following areas is required: Business management; Financial management; Accounting; Public Finance; and related operations function (Supply Chain, Human Resources, Information Technology, International Business, Project management, etc.) or a full professional accounting designation (CA, ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CPFA) from an internationally recognized institute/body of accountancy with valid membership in good standing is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience, at the national and international level, is required, specifically in advocating and implementing strategic organizational initiatives in one or more operations management area including budget; financial management and reporting; facilities management; administration; supply and logistics management; information and communication technology; human resources.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- Additional experience in one or more of the following areas, would be desired: Audit and investigations, Safety and security, Grant Management, Enterprise Risk Management.
- Experience as a Regional Chief of Operations or UNICEF Deputy Representative (Operations) in a large country office context is highly desirable.
- Experience in a UN system agency, large private or public company, or experience working in a developing country and/or humanitarian/ emergency context is an asset.
- Experience in working with corporate ERPs (Enterprise Resource Planning) and IPSAS (International Public-Sector Accounting Standards) is required.
- Experience in Results Based Management is a requirement
- Experience in managing successful client-oriented work units is an asset.
- Experience in co-creating policy is desirable.
- Prior experience working with diverse and executive level stakeholder groups or multi-stakeholder partnerships is highly desirable.
- Previous hands on experience in strategic and managerial leadership, preferably in a multi-office context, is required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications is required.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Assistant Professor in Human Resource ManagementDurham UniversityDurhamDurham
Werkstudent im Bereich (non) SAP Application Managment – Logistics/Procurement (m/w/d)RheinmetallDüsseldorf, Nordrhein-WestfalenDüsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen
Director of Monitoring Evaluation and LearningGreen Climate FundIncheon, South KoreaIncheon, South Korea
National Consultant for Technical Support to Develop Early Warning Systems in Nigeria, Abuja, Nigeria (Remote)-5 monthsUNICEF GlobalNigeriaNigeria