Job Title: Research, Analysis and Learning Associate (Intern)
Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation, Research, Learning
Employment Category: Intern
Start Date: October 2023
BACKGROUND: Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a leading, non-sectarian, non-profit organization providing emergency relief, protection, rehabilitation assistance, resettlement services, and advocacy for refugees and victims of oppression or violent conflict.
SCOPE OF WORK: The IRC’s Resettlement, Asylum, & Integration (RAI) department works to create opportunities for refugees and other vulnerable migrants to survive and thrive in the U.S. and Europe through a diverse portfolio of programs aimed at five core outcomes: Health, Safety, Economic Wellbeing, Education and Power. As part of its strategy, the IRC is focused on becoming an outcomes-driven, evidence-based organization with a commitment to data-driven programing. The Research Associate Intern will be part of the Research, Analysis and Learning team and will play a critical role in delivering on IRC’s Strategy 100 Research and Evidence Ambition. In this role, the intern will develop and support the dissemination of evidence reviews to support program staff in designing evidence-based programs. She/he/They will work directly under the supervision and guidance of the Research Officer, Research Technical Advisor and Senior Officer for Learning and Evidence.
COMMITMENT: Unpaid internship. October 2023-June 2023 , 15 – 20 hours per week. Intern will need to supply his/her own home workspace, computer, internet access, etc.
- Manage the RAI evidence helpdesk
- Develop search protocol, conduct evidence mapping and develop evidence summaries in response to evidence requests.
- Post new evidence summaries to Rescuenet
- Develop communications materials related to evidence summaries
- Collect and compile feedback received on evidence summaries
- Other tasks as assigned
- The intern will gain in depth understanding of the state of evidence related to IRC programs.
- The intern will develop skills in developing search protocol, conducting evidence reviews, and presenting evidence to practitioners.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or coursework in international studies, social work, education, instructional design, research or a related field preferred
- Demonstrated experience conducting literature reviews.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent, demonstrated skills in Office programs, multimedia programs a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Position will be home-based/remote.
Compensation: Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirement
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply
Please apply on our website: