Inter-American Development Bank
The IDB Group is a community of diverse, versatile, and passionate people who come together on a journey to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Our people find purpose and do what they love in an inclusive, collaborative, agile, and rewarding environment.
About this position:
The Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) wishes to contract the services of an Economics Consultant for its Country Office in Guyana. The Consultant will contribute to the IDB’s economic work in Guyana, and general work of the Country Office, with research and economic analysis, outreach with other organizations and offices of government, data collection and analysis, and other tasks to be determined by the Country Representative, Regional Economic Adviser, and Country Economist.
What you’ll do:
- Collect data and information on the economy of Guyana. Manipulate and analyze data for use in various outputs such as presentations and information notes.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Economics’ team publications: the Economic Quarterly Bulletins, technical briefs, and working papers.
- Assist in the preparation of the Debt Sustainability Analysis and External Sustainability Analysis.
- Assist in preparing the Independent Assessments of Macroeconomic Conditions.
- Assist in the preparation of briefings, talking points, or PowerPoint presentations related to the CGY’s analytical and programming work.
- Monitor economic and political developments and draft weekly and monthly notes.
- Assist CGY in any other duties deemed necessary or that may arise in carrying out the assigned work program.
- Support drafting a research note using the IFPG database.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor´s degree of economics or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in economics, finance, or related discipline with considerable course work in macroeconomics and quantitative methods (e.g., econometrics and statistics).
- Be proficient in the local language. Working knowledge in another Bank’s official language/s is a plus (e.g., English, Spanish, Portuguese, or French).
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Security and Logistics Manager, Iraq Civil Society ActivityCounterpart InternationalIraqIraq
UNDP-ECU-00288 – Adquisición de PCs, Lap tops, equipos tecnológicosUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere
Foreign Affairs SpecialistU.S. National Nuclear Security AdministrationWashington, D.C.Washington, D.C.
Chargé∙e de mission Accompagnement des antennes# France# France