University of New Mexico Hospitals
UNM Hospitals participates in the Clinical Advancement Program (CAP) and depending on your Nursing Education and National Certifications, you’ll work towards one of five CAP levels that offer increasing compensation. You may earn up to $8.00 in addition to base pay.
Sign-on Bonus and Relocation Reimbursement available
Receive an additional 17% weekday night and 26% weekend nights shift differential
Department: Mother & Baby Unit (3-E) BBRP
Work within the nursing process to provide direct nursing care to assigned patients. Provide clinical leadership for other staff and assumes relief charge duties when designated. Serve as a role model to promote a positive work environment and quality patient care. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies and procedures. Patient care assignment may include neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups.
* PATIENT CARE – Deliver safe direct care to an assigned group of patients as required
* POLICIES – Work within Hospitals, Nursing division and departmental policies
* CARE PLAN – Work in collaboration with the healthcare team, implement and document individualized care plans incorporating age specific considerations, including discharge planning and patient/family teaching
* TESTS AND PROCEDURES – Assist with special tests and procedures, ensure proper consent has been obtained
* PARTICIPATION – Participate in orientation; upon successful completion of preceptor training assume precepting and evaluation responsibilities of new personnel
* EMERGENCY MEASURES – Assist with or institute emergency measures for sudden, adverse developments in patients
* MEDICAL RECORDS – Ensure that patient medical records contain necessary information
* INQUIRIES – Answer telephones and triage calls as per departmental policy
* MEDICATION – Administer medication, including IV medication, via the Seven Rights; document and communicate clinical findings
* ENVIRONMENT – Maintain a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic environment for patients/families in accordance with Hospitals standards
* DEVELOPMENT – Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops
* PATIENT SAFETY 1 – Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols
* PATIENT SAFETY 2 – Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through questioning of current policies and processes
* PATIENT SAFETY 3 – Identify and report/correct environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk
* PATIENT SAFETY 4 – Report potential or actual patient safety concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner
* PATIENT SAFETY 5 – Encourage patients to actively participate in their own care by asking questions and reporting treatment or situations that they don’t understand or may “not seem right”
* Program Graduate
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Nationally Accredited Nursing Graduate
No minimum experience required
* CPR for Healthcare/BLS Prov or Prof Rescuers w/in 30 days
* RN in NM or as allowed by reciprocal agreement by NM
* Nationally Certified in area of specialty
Heavy Work: Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects or people. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
* Sig Hazard: Chemicals, Bio Hazardous Materials req PPE
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.