Versatile Accounting Professional Corporation
Versatile Accounting & Tax is committed to exceptional client service delivered through long-term, responsive relationships. It’s our people, the knowledge they bring to engagements, their commitment to service, and open communications that have made Versatile the clear choice for clients.
Locally-owned firm, our office is comprised of professionals who serve companies at all stages of their development from emerging owner-managed businesses, not-for-profit organizations, governments, professionals and individuals.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant, Assurance to join our growing team. Versatile offers an outstanding environment to continue developing your career by providing challenging and rewarding opportunities while working in a collaborative and supportive environment.
Versatile has a longstanding reputation for value-added audit, tax, and advisory solutions.
- Assist in planning, execution and completion of a wide range of Audit, Review and Compilation (T1, T2, T3, T5) engagements, both independently and as part of a team
- Supervise junior staff during field assignments, delegate the engagement status and manage engagement progress
- Analyze financial information, accounting processes and operations procedures; provide account reconciliations and propose adjusting entries
- Prepare or review personal, corporate, non- profit organization information and charitable tax returns
- Collaborate with junior staff on file planning and completion within time constraints
- Provide personal, attentive service to clients to encourage productive working relationships
- Preparation and review of financial statements and related note disclosures
A successful candidate will have:
- Working towards CPA designation or completion of CPA designation
- Experience leading junior staff on client deliverables
- Project management and strong organization skills
- Experience with Caseware/Caseview, TaxPrep, Sage Accounting and Quickbooks (QBO) is an asset
Versatile is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and appreciate the strength of diversity. Your applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Upon request, we will accommodate accessibility needs throughout the recruitment and selection process.
*All applications are welcome, however, we will only contact candidates who are selected for interviews.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.00-$40.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- accounting: 2 years (required)
- Accounting practice: 2 years (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-01-10
Expected start date: 2023-01-16
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.