West Neighbourhood House
West Neighbourhood House, formerly St. Christopher House, is a multi-service, neighbourhood-based agency that has served the diverse communities of downtown west Toronto since 1912. The central purpose of West Neighbourhood House is to enable less-advantaged individuals, families and groups in the community to gain greater control over their lives and community.
As a part of a team of childcare workers the Senior After School Program Worker plans and implements a safe, fun, and enriching environment for children ages 6 to 12.
West Neighbourhood House is actively seeking applications from Indigenous, Black and People of Colour, persons with disabilities, women and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions. Applicants with lived experience as a participant of West Neighbourhood House programs, or related programming from similar organizations, are also strongly encouraged to apply.
West Neighbourhood House will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. During any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate the nature of any accommodation(s) you may require. Any information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- Plan and implement a variety of activities, games (i.e. soccer, dodge ball), crafts and outings with the children and homework club;
- Assist the lead childcare worker with planning and implementing of activities throughout the school year;
- Promote healthy development of individuals and to ensure safe and healthy interactions between the children, their peers, adults, and their environment. This includes supervising the children on and off the program sites.
- Ability to be a role model demonstrating social skills and conflict resolution skills while working with people from different backgrounds and experiences;
- Experience with at least one of the following areas: arts, sports, crafts, games, outdoor and environmental activities, music and/or theatre and ability to share this knowledge and creativity with school-aged children;
- Experience working with students &/or volunteers would be an asset;
- Demonstrated understanding of teamwork and cooperation;
- Previous experience working with school-aged children would be an asset;
- Ability to communicate in a second language relevant to the community we serve is an asset;
- Familiarity with the local community would be an asset.
Status: Part Time Contract (Contract ending June 30th, 2023)
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: up to 15 hours per week (3 p.m. to 6 p.m., Monday to Friday)
Rate: $15.31 per hour
Unit: Newcomer & Family Programs
Immediate Supervisor: Team Lead, Children, Youth & Family Programs
Closing Date: Feb 4, 2023
Rate: $15.31 per hour
How to Apply
Please send your resume by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date to:
248 Ossington Ave.
About West Neighbourhood House
West Neighbourhood House, formerly St. Christopher House, is a multi-service, neighbourhood-based
agency that has served the diverse communities of downtown west Toronto since 1912. The central purpose
of West Neighbourhood House is to enable less-advantaged individuals, families and groups in the
community to gain greater control over their lives and community.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.