Hampshire & Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust
We are seeking a dynamic and passionate Senior Finance Officer to be primarily responsible for the day to day running of the Trust’s finances. This includes the production of timely and accurate management accounts and oversight of the bank accounts. This is an exciting time to join our friendly and brilliant team at Hampshire & Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust, this is a critical role to help us achieve our 2030 Strategy and support our ambition for a wilder Hampshire & Isle of Wight.
The successful candidate will have ideally worked in a busy Finance or Accountancy department with
experience of trial balance reconciliation, preparing management accounts and excellent customer
relations skills as assisting our staff with their budgeting and finance queries is very much part
of this role. We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the person specification, at
whatever stage in their career journey they may be.
We are happy to talk hybrid and flexible working
This role will be based at our office in Curdridge, however, we are happy to accommodate a
hybrid working routine, with a proportion of the week spent working from home. We are a local
charity and so applicants should be able to routinely access our office and other locations
around the county as necessary.
This role is full time, 35 hours per week. Traditionally office hours are Monday – Friday, 9am
– 5pm with an hour lunch break. However, many of our staff work flexibly and we are happy to
consider flexible working hours for the right candidate.
Senior Finance Officer
Full Time – 35 hours per week
Salary: £28,500 – £30,500 depending on experience
Location: Beechcroft House, Vicarage Lane, Curdridge, Southampton, SO32 2DP and
The Hampshire and Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust is a grassroots movement working for nature’s
recovery and to bring people closer to nature.
‘Our vision for a wilder future is beautiful and vital!’
We want great places to live that are good for people and good for wildlife.
We want nature to be normal, for children to grow up with wild green spaces to explore.
We want to restore and re-wild our land and sea and tip the balance in favour of nature.
We know this is what’s needed for our food, oxygen, physical and mental health, our prosperity
and for a strong and vibrant society.
We know that nature’s recovery can help tackle the climate crisis.
Our future has to be wilder!
We are seeking a Senior Finance Officer to join our cause.
This permanent role involves:
- To maintain the production of quarterly management accounts spreadsheets and reports for all companies and departments and ensure that the spreadsheets reconcile to the general
ledger by the agreed deadlines.
- To work closely the finance manager to produce the management accounts and forecast within
the agreed deadlines.
- To upload the budget into the Finance accounting system (Xledger)
- Daily bank reconciliation of all Trust and Arcadian accounts ensuring that income and
expenditure Is coded correctly and uploaded to accounts system (Xledger).
- Processing all receipts onto accounts system (Xledger).
- Credit card administration and reconciliation, liaising with Trust staff to ensure timely
and accurate transactions onto the finance system (Xledger).
The full Job Description is available on our website, but in summary, the following is required:
- Experience within a finance department
- Experience of trial balance reconciliation
- Management accounts experience
- Customer relations experience
Knowledge & Qualifications
- AAT qualified or part ACCA/CIMA or qualified by proven experience.
- IT literate
- Knowledge of finance software
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including use of macros and Visual Basic would be an
- Excellent numeracy skills
- The role requires frequent liaison with other staff at all levels of seniority as well as
volunteers, so excellent communication skills are essential, both written and verbal
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to prioritise workloads effectively and meet
- Polite, personable, and approachable
- Tactful and diplomatic
- Polite and personable
- Customer focused
Wild About Inclusion!
As an inclusive employer we recognise that our workforce needs to better reflect the
communities in which we live and work. We encourage applications from all sections of the
community, particularly those underrepresented within our sector, including people from black,
Asian, minority Ethnic backgrounds and people with disabilities. We are committed to creating a
Movement that recognises and truly values individual differences and identities.
Closing date: 07 August (midday)
Interviews: 14 August (TBC)
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.